BMW's in South Beach - what a riot!

Just spent the last 3 days in South Beach, Miami and was surprised to find
the most souped up bimmers, outlandish wheels and colors, and greatest
number of 330ci's all in one little town.  So many of the 3 series drivers
had 19 and 20 wheels on their cars - I guess the roads are so sweet down
there that it's not a problem.  We saw a new bright red 740i with the M
Parallel spoke wheels - I didn't even know the 740i came in that color!  We
saw countless silver 330ci's and 328ci's - so many in fact that one street
off Collins Ave had 3 on the same side - 2 silver and one blue!  I was in
rubbernecking heaven!  I tried to be sly about it, so the wife didn't know I
was car-lusting, but I guess I couldn't contain myself when we looked up
while eating brunch at the News Cafe and saw a new white 540i 6sp with the
fattest tires I've ever seen on that model and these hellacious Fittipaldi
wheels peel  out.

It was rubberneck city in front of the Loews Hotel we stayed at when so many
brand new M3's, new M3 convertibles (and that odd blue Panoz Esperante and a
couple of Bentleys) pulled up.  I was in car heaven.  We just don't get that
many cool, high end car sightings in a month's worth of tooling around town
up here in Silver Spring, Md.  I felt poor, but happy!  Other than LA, I
can't imagine another area of the country like this...where there are so
many hot cars to gaze at.  The black BMW Z8 was pointed out to me by my wife
one day - I guess she gets in on the game now and then.  It was a thrill to
see so many nice BMW examples out on the road, and not just at my dealers
showroom or in the magazine.
Steve
95 740i
95 540i still for sale!