6 Disc CD Changer - No Sound

My 328IS has a 6 Disc CD changer in the trunk.  It's
worked fine until my local BMW dealer service shop
worked on the car for other problems.  Specifically
replacing the climate control unit and repairing the
non-functioning windshield defrost.  The point is,
they were working in the dash area.

The problem is that the changer appears to be working,
but there is no sound.  I can hear the changer
switching CD's, and the radio indicates Disc and track
number and I can change tracks and discs.

The radio and cassette player work fine.

Any thoughts on what I might look for before taking
the car back (for the 3rd time)?

I haven't pulled out the radio because I'm not sure
what tool to use, or how to remove it.

Thanks
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

End of bmw-digest V9 #1978