FS: 95 540ia $17500 OBO Price reduced due to new car on the way!

We have finally found a replacement for the wife's beloved 95 540ia so we
are blowing it out the door to the first buyer with cash!   It's a well
cared for green/lt. silver interior (dynamite combo), garaged, heated seats,
69,150 miles, specimen.  The car is in excellent condition save for a
scratch that looks to be about 6 inches long on the passenger side -
something must have rubbed against it.   Steve - 301-871-8617.  The car is
in Silver Spring MD.  (We're listing it this Sunday in the Washington Post
for $18,000 OBO).
____________________

<WOB>  Warning - Non BMW ending to the story below.
Here's what happened - after driving a $31,800 98 540ia this morning the
wife decided she loved this blk/blk car even though it had 63K on the
odometer.  We then went to look at Jaguars and Mercedes (the 98 XJR 370hp
Sedan vs the 98 E430).  The XJR 4 door seemed real stodgy to us both, when
all of the sudden she looks up and there are 6 XK-8 convertibles sitting
there and she exclaims - "I love the way that car looks- that's more me".  I
said, "what about the lack of rear seat, what about the fact that you don't
even like the sunroof open most of the time, what about ....".  10 minutes
later we were driving a blue 98 XK-8 with a blue top and an ivory interior,
highish miles - 47Kmiles, with the salesmen in the back seat!  She fell in
love... it was all over.  We never even drove it with the top up, never
looked at the engine, never looked at the trunk.  She just said she had to
have it, so we put a deposit down on it pending them fixing some light
scratches and other minor stuff.  It ends up being $41,500 including the 6
year/100,000 mile Jaguar Select warranty with loaner car.  It was more than
we planned on spending for a replacement to her 540i, but not astronomical
like the 98 Mercedes CL500 or the 99 CLK430 I had looked at 3 months ago!
Plus, Jag has 1.9% financing for 3 years.  Hope it all works out OK.  If
not, I'm sure she'd have me call every Jag dealer from here to Timbukto to
find another like it.  It seems like a chick car to me, but I'm secretly
looking forward to driving it around town when she's otherwise occupied at
home.  I guess it goes without saying that we never made it to the Mercedes
store next door to the Jag dealer.

Steve Robinson
95 540ia for sale $17500 OBO
95 740i  the only 4 door left in the family
88 911   more back seat than the XK8!