RE: E30: Battery Drain

>Can anyone suggest some possible reasons for a slow
>drain of current
>from my
>battery when the car is off?

It sounds like you need to do some trouble shooting.
If you have a Bentley manual, there is some very good
info in the back on wiring diagrams and fuse box
layout.  I had a similar problem on my 88 325is
recently, and narrowed it down to circuit 21.  Then I
checked each item in circuit 21 separately.

What I did to narrow it down to that circuit was to
disconnect the battery and connect an ohmeter to
measure the current draw.  Then I removed fuses one at
a time to figure out which one had the drain.  There
should be a very small drain on circuit 21 normally,
due to the radio, but I was seeing the meter pegged.
In my case, I think it was the glove box light that
was not turning off.

A Bentley manual is really a necessity in this, as
there are usually a number of items connected to each
fuse.

Good luck, and hope this helped.

Tim
Indianapolis, IN, USA