Re: bmw-digest V9 #1970

Patrick,

I'm glad you've had  positive experience w/ them but I've had the exact
opposite.  My office was right behind them and I bought my parts there. No
CCA discount (strike 1). One day, I forgot to turn of my lights off and by
the time I left work the battery had run down. Totally my fault.  Since I
could find not anyone in my building to give me a jump, I went next door to
see if the dealer would help me out. I was treated like crap. They weren't
willing to do anything. Their response was call BMW roadside assistance.
That make a lot of sense, wait up to an hour for assistance because they are
to lazy to help a customer (strike 2). It wasn't like the dealership was
filled with customers. Several of the employees were out smoking cigarettes.
Luckily a salesman from the Pontiac dealership next door saw me walking back
and forth between the parking lots and offered to help.  I wrote a letter to
the general manager and owner of Brooks expressing my dissatisfaction on how
I was treated and requesting a response. None came (strike 3).

With service like that its not surprising that its under new ownership.

t.
Elkridge, MD