E30 Engine rebuild

I am in the process or rebuilding an engine for my 1986 325es.  It had around 195K on her before I damaged the existing motor during an autocross.

Does anyone have any suggestions for upgrades.  I plan to use a 325I head, intake and exhaust manifolds.  Thes will require some machining to match the ports.  I will be getting new pistons as well.

I am wondering if the crank on this motor is forged or cast.  Does anyone know where to find this out.

TIA

Richard Springs
BMWCCA #153408
1986 325es