Re: Brake sensor testing

Will,
Try shorting the brake sensor plugs on the car end, one at a time. If the
light goes out when you do so, the sensor at that wheel has an intermittent
connection. If the light does not go out or does so intermittently, you
have a loose connection in the instrument cluster (IC).
I have the former, and for me it was easier and more satisfying to just
remove the brake lining bulb altogether. The alternative is to hunt for a
cracked solder join in one of the IC boards.

alex f

                    "Will Hartje"
                    <WHartje@Myex        To:     <bmw@domain.elided>
                    cel.com>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Brake sensor testing
                    owner-bmw@dig
                    est.net

                    11/12/01
                    10:02 AM

My 1990 E30 325i has the brake sensor light on permanently. The pads are
good and I have tested the continuity of the sensors themselves and they
are
good also.

How should I troubleshoot the rest of the circuitry? What sort of voltage
levels should I be looking for, and does this system have any known failure
points that I should check for?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Will Hartje