Dealers and BMW Clubs

Just thought I would throw out my two cents about dealer experiences.

I have lived in Southern California , the Bay Area , Redmond Washington , and
most recently I preside in Santa Barbara.  My best experiences from dealers
have been in SoCal and Santa Barbara.  For a while I took my car to Crevier
BMW in Southern California.  They have always been very receptive to my needs
even when I am very particular about small problems.  When I am waiting for my
car to be repaired the sales people sometimes let me take out a brand new BMW
for a test drive even after I have told them that I am clearly not in the
market for a new car. I have also had good experiences with Cutter in Santa
Barbara They always have provided me with good service.  In Redmond I never
went to dealer but found a great independent called Strictly BMW.  Supposedly
they are the largest installer of Dinan parts outside of Dinan themselves.
They had a race mentality and fair prices that made them a joy to deal with.

As far as dealers in the Bay Area, I never found a good one.  I don't know
what the deal was but their attitude was always poor.  They wanted to charge
me extra to hand wash my car (couldn't run it through the machine because it
has Thule racks) even after over $1000 in service.

By the way does anyone know of any BMW clubs in the Santa Barbara or Orange
County areas?

Thanks,

Erik Logan
94 325is