Re: Any idea about MB

I would not worry about pricing too much.. mb has a set price policy no
discounts...
i would worry about quality and service... i know a few people with new mb.
remember that mb
has fallen behing bmw and the japanese and now they are coming out with all
kinds of models
and gadgets. it is my friends experience here in miami that the quality is
not there.. doors don't close properly,
little knobs fall off... electric stuff fails.... that is all minor and ok
but the dealers are not prepared for all the new
volume of cars rolling in... you  may need a week or two before getting an
appmt. and down here they don't
fix it right the first time.. so you can see what a royal pain that can
be...
i bet a 2002 540i is if not the same, cheaper and much better performing...
with mb even leather seats are an option and they give you like 15" wheels
which look ridiculous....but you can upgrade them for like 2k... this is
just for wheels only as their "sports" package does not change any
suspension components... unless you get the amg's which finally come with
upgraded suspension and are available in every model.... good luck. let us
know what you decide

Nicolas Roman
Senior Engineering Consultant
North Miami Beach, FL.

                    "W.T. Chung"
                    <wonchung@ind        To:     bmw-digest@domain.elided
                    iana.edu>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Any idea about MB
                    owner-bmw@dig
                    est.net

                    11/06/2001
                    11:35 AM

Dear All Bimmers,

First of all, I make an apology for betraying all Bimmers by buying MB.
I plan to buy 2002 C320 for my better half in this week.  Our family has
owned three bimmers already.   All bimmers are runing great.  However,
they want to change of air for next baby.

if any bimmers had some experiences with the MB dealer, I would like to
have your valuable experience.   What is a reasonable price or percentage
for dealer's margine from the invoice?

I used to pay $1,200~$1,500 for BMW
I really appreciate for your reply in advance.

Regards,
hoosier

- --