Small Dash Cracks - can I save it?

The dash on my 87 325 has developed a small crack (3/4") that is only
visible if you peer through the windshield - it is on a curved part of the
dash that is not visible from the interior.

I had really hoped to get a few more miles (it will go further then the
current 216K), especially since I recently purchased one of BMW's finest
2-wheeled vehicles and that took all my spare $$.   I am not crazy about
driving around (and eventually trying to sell) a car with a cracked dash.

I am concerned that the crack will expand and increase in length, and
eventually become very visible..   Is there anything I can do to prevent
further cracking?  I think I can get to the crack from behind if I pull the
glove box, etc.

Thanks,

Tony.