RE: Brakes

If you are near Columbia, I would highly recommend Benchmark Motors.  That
said the dealers estimate doesn't sound far fetched.  You could do the
brakes yourself for around $200-$250.  Its not difficult, even if you have
never worked on cars before.

In Montgomery County, try Excluservice. Excellent work but they can be
expensive.

If you need phone numbers, let me know. If you are trying to find a shop,
don't just go on cost alone. You want to build a relationship with someone
you trust.  Also, join the CCA if you aren't a member.  There is a strong
chapter around DC. There is also a yahoo bmw list for DC,
DCmetroBMW@domain.elided .

HTH,

t.

Michael wrote:

Looking for reasonable shop in the MD/D.C. area for normal brake job (pads/
rotors). I had my car at the dealership for inspection I and their estimate
was $542.  The brake indicator hasn't come on yet.  Any suggestions ? Thanks
!

Michael C.
'95 e36