Re.528e running rich

You haven't been playing with the starter circuit have you.

I had a very rich running E23 733i some years ago. It started just after I
installed a starter circuit relay to take the load off the ignition switch.

Much head scratching and dollars later we discovered that the computer is
powered from the ignition/starter circuit after been dropped to about 3 or 4
volts. My addition of the relay had bypassed this voltage drop so the
computer was recieving 12 volts and hence running 3 or 4 times the correct
fuel.

Removed the $5 relay and the car went fine. The copmuter wasn't even stuffed
after all this extra power. Good quality stuff!

Good luck

Regards from DownUnder
Trevor Turner
Canberra Australia
1986 735i BMW
1976 3.0si BMW (for sale)
1984 Alfetta GCL (son's car)
1983 Alfa Guilietta 1.8 (SO's car)
1980 Alfetta 2.0l (parts car)
1976 Alfetta 1.8 sedan (daughter 1's car)
1976 Alfetta GTV 1.8 (daughter 2's car)
1967 Alfa Guilia Sprint GTV (restoration project)