RE: '96 e36 TC??

AHSprite78@domain.elided [mailto:AHSprite78@domain.elided] wrote:

> quoted from Alex F
>
> The '96+ non-M3 3-series cars with traction control all have open
> differentials. I never heard of any E36 diff problems.
>

> Okay, I've heard this several times.  My car was a european
> delivery then to florida.  It's a '96 328is with I believe
> the premium package (Leather, sunroom, what else came with
> this?).

The dead give away of the premium package would be wood plastered all over
the interior.
The options you've listed above are all standard E36 options.

> I have no heated seats or traction control.
> What's the deal here?  Anybody have any ideas?

That's very strange. Are you sure your car is a '96 model year?
Since you are the original owner, what was the list of option codes ordered
on your car?

alex f