'96 e36 TC??

quoted from Alex F

The '96+ non-M3 3-series cars with traction control all have open
differentials. I never heard of any E36 diff problems.

Okay, I've heard this several times.  My car was a european delivery then to florida.  It's a '96 328is with I believe the premium package (Leather, sunroom, what else came with this?).  I have no heated seats or traction control.

What's the deal here?  Anybody have any ideas?

It doesn't really bother me, just a curiosity of mine.

Thanks!
Matthew C. Smith
'96 328is