Subject: E30: Fuel smell in passanger compartment - repost

I have a similar problem with my '92, 525i, I was told by a mechanic that
it was to do with the charcoal filter for the fuel somwhere in the engine
compartment that is suppposed to recycle the fuel vapour or some such
thing. (My german was not good enough at the time to understand the whole
thing) but he told me not to worry about it.
If anyone has any other ideas I would be interested to hear them.

Thanks

Neil Grundy