Re: bmw-digest V9 #1951

Dave sez:

> '88 325iX
>
> I'm getting a strong odor of unbunt fuel in the passanger compartment
> when the engine is cold.  Once it warms up, the smell is gone.

you might want to trace you fuel lines under the
hood.  check for a cracked/leaky gas hose.  Run your
finger along the hose/connections to isolate
it if you can't do a visual...  better
do it asap and take it seriously, since raw gas on
a hot engine is recipe for really bad day. :-|

I just replaced the rubber hose feeding the fuel injector
rail in my 88 528e.  $37+tax from the dealer--OUCH!
That's the most expensive $2 gas hose I've ever bought.
I guess the stupid preformed right angle end costs 35 of the $37 :-(

Old one was hardened, cracked throughout, and leaking above #6
cylinder where it ties into the injector rail.  It sits
next the ventilation intake vents, so you'll get a good
whiff of anything leaking.

aaron