Re: E36 comments

Make sure the car comes with the metal impeller on the water pump...
plastic impellers will give out and take your radiator with them at around
50-70k (at which time your warranty may have expired.... I assume that you
will have the remaining of the fact warr until 50k that gives you about a
year and a half....i strongly suggest you buy an extended warr good til
100k...
also, check the differential and its links, depending how hard this car has
been driven, those could give in early....
good luck...

Nicolas Roman
Senior Engineering Consultant
North Miami Beach, FL.

                    "Robert
                    Tobin"               To:     "bmw-digest" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
                    <RTobin@att.n        cc:
                    et>                  Subject:     E36 comments
                    Sent by:
                    owner-bmw@dig
                    est.net

                    10/23/2001
                    10:04 PM

I went with a friend to look at a '98 E36 at a dealer.  It's a 4dr Black
328
5sp without the sports package or CD player.  The car has 32,000 miles and
seems very tight.  Tan leather.

Does anyone have any specific comments about this car; what's good, what's
not?  It's coming with the CPO warrantee.

I know little about E36's.  I'd appreciate any thoughts so I could pass
them
on.

Thanks,

Rob Tobin
1988 325iS
BMWCCA #idontremember

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic04245.gif]

- --