<ALL> "Dustless" brake pads

In BMW Digest v09.n1941 Gregory F. March <march@domain.elided> wrote:

> I'm interested in reducing the amount of brake dust on my '99 M
> Roadster.  I have a friend who runs Pagid pads on his 3 series (but I
> can't remember which color he runs) and I've been reading about the
> EBC pads (red and green).
>
> What is the current net.wisdom?  Do they work as "dustless" pads?  Do
> they harm rotors?  Do they need too much warmup time?  What pads do
> *you* run to reduce dust?

In my opinion brake dust is one of the compromises we accept in
exchange for powerful, predictable, non-fading brakes.  I'm not
sure how much of my 02 brake pad experience applies to your M
Roadster, but I can say for sure that the EBC Green pads I have
are *not* dustless.  They are better than some and worse than
others.

Curt Ingraham
72 2002tii
Oakland, CA