Buzzing tranny e32 when shifiting to reverse.

My E32 735i 1988 just developed a new noise.  When you shift into reverse,
there is a sort of buzzing hydraulic pump kind of noise, just for about a
second, then the tranny seems to be fully engaged, and the noise stops.  The
car seems to function fine, but it seems like the reverse solenoid actuator
is making this noise.

The transmission is a a 227,000 mile unit, so it doesn't really owe me much,
but its been bulletproof up to now.

Anyone know how these things work?  Is it a problem?  Can it be fixed in the
car?

The fluid has been changed regularly.

Thanks,

Dave Leonard