E30 caliper question

Checked to find the source of a front end rattle on
my '86 325 yesterday and found that its due to the
caliper mounting pins wobbling in the cradle bores.

i thought id replace the pins, but before i do i was
wondering if anyone on the list has experienced this,
and if replacing the pins is the probable solution.
i suppose the bores in the cradle could be worn...
could anyone advise me on what is typically wrong?

ive had people tell me that there are usually rubber
o-rings or bushings in the bores, but i didnt see
anything like that in the bentley manual...

id greatly appreciate any help.  thanks.

kurt martin
shippensburg, pa
http://personals.yahoo.com