Surging idle solved, convertible boot part wanted

Hi all,

My car is running normal again...thanks for the responses.  I drove it
yesterday and today and did a BUNCH of driving and it idled great.  I think
the Motrontic computer gets reset when the battery is disconnected and has
to "learn" the right idle mixture again...as "John" on the list suggested
to me.  Either that or the problem will pop up again later...knock on wood.

There is a trim piece that goes on the passenger-side end of the
convertible top boot cover that is missing.  There's three bolt holes and
the trim piece is about the size of my hand judging by the non-faded area
where the piece used to cover the vinyl.  Does anyone have a spare one for
sale or know of a good place to get one?

I looked under my back seat and found the build sheet!  What a cool idea on
BMWs part.  Is there any FAQ around about how to decode all the four number
codes?  Also my German is rusty...is "Polster" or "Farbe" the color of my
leather uphostery?  I need to know so I can order the right color of
Leatherique.   Is this the best way to find the right interior color?

Thanks for all your help.  Again, I'm not getting the digests (yahoo
evidently blocks them) so please email me directly:  karolyi74@domain.elided

Jay Karolyi
'88 BMW 325i Cabriolet
  karolyi74@domain.elided