535is engine overheating

Hi guys,

I have changed the blown head gasket last spring. There was a lot of oil
in coolnat. I washed the cooling system about 6 or 7 times, with water,
with soap, with simple green, e.t.c. But for the second time the following
happened. When I run the engine for long idle or in traffic, and then as I
stop it, the coolant starts to boil. This produces a huge pool underneath
the car. The temperature gauge reads Ok, just a little bit on the warm
half of the scale (in normal conditions it reads a little bit towards the
lower half), but it is still far from the red zone.
 What might be the cause of such an overheating? Can it be the remaining
film of oil in the coolnat passages in the block? Or is it just a faulty
gauge, or thermostate?
 The boiling occurs only with the engine just shut.
Thanks a lot.
Ilia
'87 535is.

- --