Re: Windshield Washer Nozzles

My experience relates to two cars, an E-24 (635 CSi) and an E-34 (525i)
both using the same heated washer nozzles. With similar symptoms as
Peter Rossato described, I replaced the ones on the 6 series. The new
ones worked wonderfully well, however the cost was far more than $3,
more like $35 each. While $70 is not a great sum, it is a great sum for
windshield washers, which made me reconsider on the 5 series. I have
therefore tried the "pin", the "thin wire" and compressed air, the
latter working the best.

My suggestion:  use some compressed air on the line and ( If possible)
have someone else work a thin pin in the end, the particles like to stay
there. Otherwise, "new ones" is a great cure. Taking off the under hood
sheilding is not that bad, not all of it needs to come down, just pry
off the plastic retainers and push them back in again when finished. The
washer nozzles are retained by clips. "Your results may vary."

Tom Lesko
Hingham, Mass, usa