RE: GREASE ELECTRIC

Henry Brandel [mailto:brandel_88@domain.elided] wrote:

> E-30 Speedo again.
> 1-I've reflowed the circuit board.

Did you find any cracks?
Perhaps this is the time to start shopping for a new instrument cluster?

> 2-I've cleaned the sensor on the differential.

Did that show any signs of wear/corrosion?
How is the rubber boot that is supposed to protect the sender from water?
If so, start with replacing the sender (should be cheaper than the cluster).

> My Speedo is still off and on (intermitant) once in a while.
> however, it looks like it happens more when it rains. Could
> it be possible that water is getting into the sensor on the
> Differential, and that's causing my problems now?.

Certianly.
Also could be a bad/intermittent ground on the instrument cluster side (see
the ETK for ground locations).

alex f