RE: Subaru WRX and Audi S4 crush 330xi? Ouch!

At 06:39 PM 9/19/01, Rami Hyary wrote:
>Did they compare the 330xi with the sport suspension?
>I drove the 330xi with the sport suspension and it was good but not as good
>as my 91 325ix

Rami, the 330xi is not available with a sports suspension.  I would guess
that this was one of the major reasons why it scored so poorly in the
handling category.  Both the 325xi and 330xi have their own steering and
handling characteristics.  In particular, both are raised a little higher
than the standard 325i and 330i.  Also, both come with narrower tires.  The
Audi S4 does have a tuned suspension and wider tires than either of the A4
models.

This is what is causing all of my angst about actually getting a 330xi -- I
really do want a tuned suspension.

- -- Jeff

Jeff Sokolov (jsokolov@domain.elided)
Home: (781) 862-0746