Re: Help with "E" nomenclature

Sara Bahner wrote:
> I have often heard reference to the "E" naming
> convention.  Can somebody help me understand
> what this means as it relates to my 1995 325I
> convertible?

You have an E36.

Joao T. da Costa wrote:
> since BMW uses the same model designations for
> succeeding generations of its vehicles, we often
> find it useful to refer to their internal code
> names/numbers.
>
> http://www.koalamotorsport.com/tech/BMWdesignations.htm

Here are some other great cross-reference charts between chassis and
engines, showing what car model held what engine variant, etc.

http://www.justbmws.com/engines.htm
http://www.justbmws.com/car_models.htm

Also, see each month's issue of Roundel.  There's a short list of E-codes at
the beginning of the Classified ads.
- --
Bob Sutterfield
'87 E30 325iS http://bmwe30.net #1129