Re: dakar question

Gary,

Honestly it's the best car I've ever owned. I would buy it again. I've had
it for 2 years and I'll probably keep it forever. Dakar yellow is definiety
a european color. Americans buy non-color styles: Black, White, silver.
Where as blue is the most popular color is Britain and France.

It does tend to attract the eye of the bored police officer once and a
while. So if steath is what your looking for forget it. But pull up at a
restaurant valet or bar and your treated like it's a exotic. Friends and
family tend to look at it like rather you than me, and had a few jealous
comments. I've had tons of attention of the street "Love your car" "Nice
color" and even "I hate your stupid yellow car" to which I replied to the
mustang owner "Well... I was going to buy two of those, but I got this
instead"

I would think it would show the same amout of dirt as a white color. So
maintence is basically the same. Touch ups might show a little more.

I've had an offer to buy the car, to which I replied "no way". But I think
Black or Silver would be easier to sell.
BMW still makes a yellow color which I believe is Dakar II.

My advice is go for it. You'll think about it often, and traffic seems to
part like the red sea.

Jay Miller
'95 M3 Dakar

                    "Gary Vetick"
                    <vetickbmw@ix.n        To:     <jmiller@domain.elided>
                    etcom.com>             cc:
                                           Subject:     dakar question
                    09/09/2001
                    08:18 AM

hi jay:

i'm thinking about purchasing a '95 M3 with dakar paint.  was '95 the
only year dakar was offered?

i'm a little bit concerned about owning a yellow car for the long-term.
i've always had white cars.  how long have you had yours?  how do you
feel about it after that time?  would you buy dakar again?

how have others responded to the dakar?  do you feel you could readily
sell the car?

thanks!

gary vetick
omaha, nebraska