Trailer Hitch for a Jet Ski: E30

All:
I am about to put a trailer hitch on a 91 325IC I just bought. I have a 86
325ES that I planned to put a friends receiver hitch on that he had on his
325ES. The 91 is not shown as compatible with any hitch. Anyone know why or
is it just an anomaly?
Anyone have experience in this area. I have seen these hitches on
convertibles and know they work. I only intend to put bikes or tow a jet ski
with this. Also if you know a source besides Da' Lan who seems to supply
most BMWs retailers, I'd like to know. I was in Europe last week and about
1/2 the BMW's there have trailer hitches on that are receiver style.
Thanks