Plastic/Rubber Trim Question

The Plastic trim on the rear end of my '86 735i looks terrible.  It is
supposed to be black, but after fifteen years, its now kinda greyish in
color.  This plastic piece is rather large and wraps around the side of
the car extending from the sides of the rear bumper.  I am thinking about
repainting this piece and possibly other similar pieces elsewhere on the
car.  What is the best method of doing this?  Do they make a spray paint
that I could use after taping off the painted sections of the car?  I saw
an ad for Forever Black in my new Bavarian Autosport issue.  Has anyone
used this stuff?  Does it work?  How long has it lasted? On another note:Last
week everyone was talking about the advantages of web-based vs. e-mail
based lists.  One major thing that I enjoy with the web-based lists is
that the replies can be read by everyone.  Each response to a question is
posted on the internet for everyone to see.  In the system that we're
using now, I assume people usually respond directly to the questioner.
This cuts everyone else out of the information that was sent as a reply.
Some questions I see are interesting, but not interesting enough to make
me want to e-amil the questioner and ask him to forward me any responses
he gets.  It would be nice to have all the information traded by this
list to be able to be seen by everyone who uses it. Kevin Elmore