Sunroof Question

Hi all,
	I have looked in the Bentley manual to solve an alignment issue with my
sunroof in the E36 M3.  The sunroof sits too low in the front creating an
annoying wind noise.  There is no water leakage.  The Bentley manual says to
open the sunroof partially and then to "gently pull back the inner liner to
reveal the adjustment screws."  Ha.  I have stood in the back seat and
pulled back on this thing much harder than "gently" and I can't get the
thing to budge.  Am I missing something here?  Has anyone else done this
"adjustment"?  I can't get to the adjustment screws with the liner in place
and I can't seem to move the liner in the method described in the manual.
This is the same liner that moves back when the sunroof is in the "vented"
position (ie. closed but popped up in the back).

Help!!

Thanks,
Mel
97 Byzanz M3/4 (5spd)