head studs (E-30)

Hello everyone,
I'm back from working in austin as an "apprentice mechanic" at italian motor
service,
and already I have BMW questions.
1.  I've read in various places on the net that the head studs on the E-30 6
cylinder engines should be replaced because of risk of breaking.  I just
adjusted the valves on my 89 325i, and the head bolts are hex headed with
something like VOMAX cast in the bolt head.
According to neilwerke.com "If you have the hex headbolts from Kamax, there
is some chance of breakage.  Replacement with the torx headbolts is
recommended."
My question is, should these studs be replaced with torx head bolts from
somewhere?  Or as long as they don't say KAMAX, should I be ok?  Where are
they available from, and how tricky a job is this?  I think I remember
hearing I'd need more than just a half-inch "click-type" torque wrench to do
the job.
Thanks for any advice on this, I'd like to take care of this before I put on
the valve cover gasket.
Jake Hahn
89 325is
87 Alfa Romeo Spider