Glove box stuck, E-30

My next question is one I've seen answered several times before, and I didn't
pay close enough attention.  (sorry)
Is there any trick to getting into the glove box on my 89 325 is without
damaging the dash?  First the hinge broke in the back, and now I can't open
the latch either.  I tried sticking my arm in from the back, but can't reach
the latch.  Am I just not trying hard enough, or is there a better way.
Sorry if this has been discussed recently, I've been off digest for a while
now.
Is there any easy way to search the archives for keywords in a subject
headings of digest posts?  I know there is one for the alfa digest, but I
haven't found one for this one.
Thanks in advance,
Jake Hahn
89 325is