95 m3 instrument lighting

Hey All,
	I have a 95' m3, having some trouble with the instrument lighting,
intermitent failure of the dash lights when I turn on the headlights,
sometimes it works sometimes not, anyone have any ideas?, I checked the
fuses, the ones I can identify in the bentley manual, everything seems
solid, even tried wiggling the switch to see if it was faulty or dirty,
didn't seem to help, anyone else had this problem  I seem to recall a
previous item in the list about a Lighting control module and the solder
joints inside would this have anything to do with it?thanks in advance.

C.McCoy
95 m3 2dr
5 spd.