<E36> Seat Belt Defect

While recently detailing my 1997 M3 coupe, I noticed both plastic loops
through which the belts go that are attached to the B pillars were cracked.

The cracks appeared to be stress fractures, located on and around the
plastic injection tool mating lines.  While the car is out of warranty,
BMWNA approved the dealer to replace the them under warranty.  In order to
replace them, the entire seat belt assembly has to be replaced.

I am writing to suggest all 1997 E36 coupe owners inspect these loops for
safety reasons.  For reference, the car was produced in September 1996 at
Regensberg.

Hope this helps.

Malcolm Davidow
Dallas, Texas