Recommended Service Reset Tool/Warantee Impact

Greetings,

Today I am one happy guy.  Last night I just bought a 2001 525ia.  Options
include the sport premium and convenience packages, plus a whole lot of
doodads (sunshade, etc).  Car was a BMW program car with 14K on the odo.

I like to do my own maintenance.  Primarily oil changes, brakes, etc.  What
is the collective experience regarding after market reset tools?  Any
recommendations?  Does the use of these tools void the warrantee?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Brown
Northbrook, Illinois