Re: M-20 overheating

Bill,
Most likely you still have trapped air in the system, very common. It
takes several, if not many air bleedings to get it out and if you don't,
the indication will be overheating. Keep bleeding the air, shut it off,
let it cool, do it over again. Keep doing this over and over until all
the air is gone. Some engines have had a hose near the firewall replaced
with an upgraded BMW part that has an additional bleeder in it. Check to
see if you have this, use it if you do. Be patient, keep trying.

Tom Lesko
Hingham, Mass, usa
'89 525i with M-20 engine