Re: E28 M5 Radio

Steve,

In a message dated 8/12/01 3:58:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< >The radio (original BMW) in my '88 E28 M5 just up and died yesterday.  At
 least no sound is coming from it.  The panel (stations etc.) lights up, but
 not a crackle through the speakers.  I checked the main fuse in the engine
 compartment which was OK.  Is there any other fuse o other easy fix in the
 circuit to check before I take it in for service? >>

I'm not positive but I think there is another fuse "in-line" behind the
radio...I'd slide the unit out and check behind it for an "in-line"
fuse....However, the fact that the stations ;ight up on the panel may not be
a good sign....a fuse will most likely kill everything, not just the
speakers....do you have the original radio instructions in the glove box?
I'd check there too.

It may be time to upgrade to that CD player you always wanted <g>.

HTH,

John Weese
Landisville, PA
'88 M5