RE: Anyone else noticed this?

If you haven't heard yet...
Looks like those recent dyno-tunes for 92 octane fuel are going to have to
be re-done -- Unocal 76 is lowering their octane rating and it sounds like
other California stations are to follow suit by Aug 1.  A couple of choice
tid bits:

Is 91 octane adequate for high performance vehicles?
Tosco anticipates 91 octane gasoline should meet the needs of almost all
premium 76 gasoline customers.

Why is the pipeline system changing?
This change is being made to insure adequate premium gasoline supplies as it
becomes more difficult to meet the more stringent California clean air
standards.

What if I have a vehicle that needs higher octane gasoline?
For those few vehicles that do need higher octane, 76 offers a 100 octane
racing gasoline at certain locations.  To find a station that carries racing
gasoline, call 800-345-0076. (A list of racing gasoline sites is to follow).

What if I experience knock when using 91 octane?
Knock can be caused by a variety of circumstances.  Make sure your vehicle
is properly maintained to ensure optimum performance.  Maintain normal
driving habits.  Dont put abnormal strains on your vehicle.

The entire Tosco Q&A can be found here:

http://www.binaryvista.com/temp/ToscoMemo1.html

Mel Silva
97 Byznaz M3 /4dr