re: replacing wheel bearing

Dave:

I just did this to my daughter's '88 325i.  Get a 32 mm socket and a 36
mm socket.  The 32 is for the nut, and the 36 for driving the new
bearing on, or it may be the other way around, but those are the two
sizes.  After pulling wheel, caliper and rotor, loosen the nut after
breaking the locking tab off, use a 6" puller to pull the old bearing
off, remove the inner race if it sticks to the spindle, clean everything
up, put a little grease on the spindle and drive the new hub on with the
big socket.  Mine came off in one piece and the new one easily slid in
place with only a little tapping.  Tighten the new nut on and break a
tab over the slot, install a new dust cover and you're done.

Bill Mitchell