Driving School Prep/Nitrogen, stop the insanity

Had you read my initial post, you would have seen references to the exact items
you mention.  Too many people spending big money on performance mods they can't
and won't ever use.  That said, I would vent the brakes and go to high temp
fresh fluid - we have many events at Rd Atl where brake heating failures can be
fatal.

Nitrogen is not as big a deal as you all are making it!  Especially depending
on skill level and how fast one is, it may not make any difference - I suspect
most BMW school drivers would not notice any difference.  As an example, was at
Rd Atl this past weekend in a completely stock E46M3 including tyres sans
Nitrogen to satisfy this post.  The left fronts were consistantly in the 160+
degree range while the front rights were at @145 degrees (readings consistant -
w/i 4 degrees - accross tread face at 4 points).  By the end of the day, the
Fronts, especially lefts, were completely melted.  Durometer readings indicate
the fronts started at 35 and now read 80+.  Can emphatically sate that Nitrogen
has kept hot pressures lower, tyre hardness lower and temps lower...this is a
fact and have records to back it.  Moreover, the ambient and track temp was
average compared to previous events.

Dan Law
404.927.3622