Re: Prep for driver's school

Check out www.powertank.com  I use a simular homemade
setup with CO2 for offroading.  Just refill with Nitro
instead of CO2 at a local welding supply.  BTW I use
CO2 offroad because it generates more gas when it
converts from a liquid...therefore more tire fills
from a single tank.  But for the purposes of this
discussion CO2 would probably be worse than compressed
air for oxidizing rubber.  If I recall, Nitrogen has a
greater change in volume than air due to temp changes,
so after a cold night your psi will be
lower...conversely track tires filled with N would
gain more psi as they heat up.

- --- Nicolas.Roman@domain.elided wrote:
> and where do you get the nitro to fill the tires
> with.... ? any advantages
> in using nitrogen for everyday driving....?
> thanks
>
> Nicolas Roman
> Senior Engineering Consultant
> North Miami Beach, FL.
>

>                     "Paul M.
>
>                     Moriarty"            To:
> D.E._law@domain.elided
>
>                     <pmm@domain.elided        cc:
> bmw-digest@domain.elided, M3Buzz@domain.elided
>
>                     >                    Subject:
>  Re: Prep for driver's school
>                     Sent by:
>
>                     owner-bmw@dig
>
>                     est.net
>

>                     08/02/2001
>
>                     10:35 AM
>

> D.E._law@domain.elided writes:
> > Nitrogen will aid in keeping low tyre temps when
> the car is pushed.  Also
> > University studies indicate tyres last upto 100%
> longer using Nitrogen
> than
> > air.
> >

> Can you cite the studies?  I'd love to read them.
>
> - Paul -
>
> '94 540i
> '88 M5
> '73 2002