Re: E28 M5 AC cuts out at high engine speed

Larry Foster writes:

In a message dated 7/27/01 8:37:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I drove my wife's '88 M5 for the first time in a long time today and
 noticed that the AC cuts out when the engine is revved up to around
 6,000 rpm.  I don't remember it doing this before, nor do I remember
 anything in the control circuit that would do this.  Is this normal, and
 if not any suggestions on where to look to fix it?
 tia >>

Larry, Larry.....hmmmm, please don't take this wrong, but surely common sense
will tell you that it's insane to have your a/c on when winding the ole S38
up to 6,000 rpm...sheesh!!!!!!!!

Be glad it shuts off, otherwise you will most likely blow the seals out!

Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
'88 M5