Looking for a decent 6 series

Hi folks,

My wife has wisely abandoned her infatuation for Mercedes Benz SL's after
seeing a kinda crappy BMW 6er for sale by the side of the road( hooray!).
Now it's my job to find a reasonable specimen, with a decent drivetrain and
SOLID body. I can fix AC, brake bombs, electrical gremlins.

I'd prefer a Euro model and a 5-speed. No blacks or reds (remember, it's for
my spouse). Bronzit is the prefered color. My budget: $6K.

I'm in southern Wisconsin, and will consider cars as far away as St. Louis,
Indianapolis and Detroit. I'd like to arrange for a pre-purchase inspection
with a mechanic of my choosing close to the seller

Sellers are welcome to contact me off list.

Thanks,
Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.