Re: Great dealer experience w/95 740i - very surprised!

Hello,
  I have a 86' 528e that my parents gave me as a gift this last fall for my
first car
and its driven like a dream.  Sadly from day one after I detailed the car in
side and out
I had problems and was scammed(reported and case under investigation with
state police) by
local private shops.  One that only fixes BMWs that is near me treated me
like I was a complete idiot
as far as trying to get me to pay him 300.00 just to diagnose my breaks plus
some other charges that I zoned out on when I got to uncomfortable to even
deal with the guy.  He was like " I think I heard that sound before but I
can not say, I will need to do a full diagnostic".   The guy was a 1.) A
major idiot knowing nothing about cars much less BMWs( and I know its not
that) or 2.) trying to bleed me to every dime he can like is does to every
one else(I over heard him talking to a young girl that was there).
  My parents told me to take the car to the local BMW center repair
department (Tulley BMW in Nashua, NH) and I did.  I had great experience
with the parts department working with Jack, he is always very friendly and
helps me make sure I have the right part and takes his time even if there is
a line(service I have never found any where else in my life, sadly)  I made
a appointment with service and they
checked the problem and said right away, "its the rear brakes for sure not
the Trans." After checking the brakes they found out that there where
basically none in the back and the rear wheels where COMPLETELY seized by
the rear brakes. My service Rep. and the Tech. showed me the car on the lift
and I could see and feel how the wheels would not move at all (and not the
E-brake was not on(GRIN) ).
  I then saw why my rear wheels would be red hot to touch and smell after
trying to drive and why I lost control a few days before I had the problems
fixed on a busy road, spinning completing 3 times before regaining
control(thank gosh to special driving classes(grin) ).  The whole rear brake
system was shot beyond repair, and they brake lines nearly burst I was lucky
and they salvaged them.   They had to replace both rotors, calipers and
pads.  My tires were nearly destroyed also.  (its was basically like driving
around with your foot slammed down on the brake as hard as you can and
driving tope speed on the expressway(grin) ).  It was scary as hell and I am
so glad they got it fixed right away and did not B.S. like that private shop
did.  I imagine some private shops are good but I have never seen one
before. My BMW center also knew the job would take a lot of time to get the
parts and install and test the car so they had a driver bring me home and
back when it was done(no private shop I every heard of does that) they also
return the car to you as clean if not cleaner then when you brought it in.
The BMW center hand washes and vacuums the front of the car and places
curtest mints in the car.  Unlike private shops that normally give you a car
back all filthy and tell you to pay them all covered in grease from there
filthy shop, I have seen the private shops and the BMW repair center and its
night and day.
            In a nut shell, my local BMW center has treated me like gold and
I will continue to be a client of this center as long as I receive the same
or better service that I have received.  As for private shops, I lost all
trust in them when I was a little kid and when the local shop messed around
with me that was all I could take with those people.    Did I mention that
the BMW center is always cheaper for parts and service compared to the
privates shops and they tell me upfront what the cost will be unlike the
private shops that give me crazy prices before they even look at the car.

                               Mr. Dana Sion - BMW CCA - 275905

.