Re: Need an electrical connector.

The connector on the wiring harness that mates with my passenger-side
front directional lamp has disintegrated after only 16 years and 215k
miles!

I asked my local (non-BMW) shop to replace the connector in the
course of doing other work.  They were informed by the local BMW
dealer that the connector is not available by itself; instead, one
must replace the entire wiring harness, which sells from BMW for
about $1500.  Of course. (That's about 2.5 times the book trade-in
value of the car, although mine still gets 32 mpg on regular fuel and
doesn't use oil).

Can anyone point me to a convenient source of used connectors like
that (1985 528e)?  I live in Scituate, MA.

Larry Swain