A Few "chip" questions for an e30

Ok I've been wanting to get a chip in to my car for
some time now but bills have been eating all the cash
flow. But I've saved a little money up now and just
had a few more questions before I do it. I know that
the Jim c. chip is looked upon as a good chip, so no
questions there. But here is the thing. I would like
to get a used chip so that I can save some money. I
have these mods done to my car:
1986 325e/is
89 325i motor w/ monotronic 1.1 "163"
K&N cone intake w/ Heat Shield
4.11 M3 rear diff
Ansa Muffler with full 325i exhaust

So I get a custom chip for this, or will a used one
work fine? Any help would be great

Kyle Sanchez
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/