Re: E30 erratic idle

Al,
Are you sure your car wasn't dying when you put your foot on the brake?
Employing the vacuum brake booster certainly could stall an engine if you
had a significant intake vacuum leak somewhere (at least it has on my '87
Audi 4000 quattro and its snake pit of formerly leaky vacuum lines).

Hunting idle also points to a leaky vacuum hose or boot....

Russ Maki
Ixonia, Wis.