Re: '87 Rear diff vibration

yeah... my 94 e36 did the same thing a while back... replacing the
differential couplings fixed the problem.. i don't know how hard it is to
do... i was under extended warranty at the time and the dealer fixed it.

Nicolas Roman
Senior Engineering Consultant
North Miami Beach, FL.

                    "Rick G"
                    <rickg@amerit        To:     "BMW Digest" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
                    ech.net>             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     '87 Rear diff vibration
                    owner-bmw@dig
                    est.net

                    07/13/2001
                    06:37 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    rickg

Hello

I have an '87 325 with 180,000

Lately, I've noticed that after the rear  diff is warmed up, coming out of
right hand turn, I feel a 'shudder' or vibration in the rear differential.
It's more noticeable if I accelerate hard coming out of a turn.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic11323.gif]
- --