E34 525i Fuel and Temperature gauges fluctuates!

My E34 525i (M20) is having this weird problem. The Fuel and Temperature
gauges needles fluctuates from left to right.
By this I mean the needle within the gauge is not constantly pointing at one
location, it sways left and right. The RPM
and Speedo is fine though. Sometimes the Fuel and Temperature needles work
fine, they do not sway and point at the
correct fuel level and temperature level.

Other times the needles sway, its as if there is a contact problem with the
wiring. Although the needles still gives u a
rough estimate on the actual reading since it sways only about 2 -3 mm left
and right of the actual reading u can pretty
much estimate what is the actual reading. However this is very anonying.
Anyone had this problem before and know what
the remedy is?.

Thanks.

Eugene
E34 525i with swaying needles!