Re: clicking sound on right rear

[Sorry to reply to this so late...]

There seem to be two suggested solutions to
this problem....

- - A bad right year axle
- - a problem with the parking brake

On my '91 318iS I had the same "clicking sound"
and at first it looked like the parking brake so
I had work done on my rear brakes & it turns out I
DID have a bad parking brake which I had replaced.

Unfortunately, that happened to be a coincidence.
The "clicking" sound came back shortly afterward.
(And it wasn't a "quiet" noise & it didn't sound
like a wheel bearing going...)

The next step was the right rear axle. So that was
checked. The folks where I took it didn't see any
problems with it so they put it back together...
(repacking/regreasing it) and now the sound is gone.
Of course, I was also warned that this was most
likely a temporary fix and that I WILL need to
replace it at some point but for now I've
got other things to fix (a front wheel bearing
& an A/C blower motor that works intermittently).

Having both things checked wouldn't hurt...

- -Andy-